Next time you sit down to pay your bills, it will be a little easier.
Not that it will be easier to pay all of them — we don’t mean to over-promise. But it should definitely be easier to pay one of them — your HOA bill!
That’s because now, you can pay it online. Go to any page on the Stephens Grove website and look in the upper-right corner of the screen. You’ll see a “Pay Dues” link. Clicking on that will take you to the Hawthorne Management Co., Inc., website, which provides detailed instructions on how to register so that you can make your payments in this more convenient manner.
But, you say, you don’t like paying bills, no matter how convenient? Well, who does? But we’re all grownups here, and this is something grownups have to do?
You know you have to pay bills for your individual family’s home, right? The lights, the telephone (landline or mobile), the insurance, your internet access, and on and on. Well, this is the same for our larger Stephens Grove family. There are costs to running this beautiful home we all share — to keep the lights on, and to maintain the pool, common areas, the basketball area, the tennis courts, the playground, and…
Hey, never mind generalities. Let’s make it clearer by breaking it down by specifics. Let’s go to the minutes of a board of directors meeting. Specifically, take a look at the details presented at this March 2021 meeting regarding 2020 expenses. Here are some examples of costs for the pool alone:
- Pump seals in main and baby pumps – $575.00
- Pool cover anchors replacing – $850.00
- Ladder anchors for back left ladder – $800.00
- Filter sand change for 3 filters (one completed in 2019) – $1,400.00
- VGB equalizers (10) (required by NC every 5 years) – $680.00
- Acid wash of pool surface – $1,800.00
- Fix underwater pool lights on the left side of the pool as you walk into the pool area. The lights work, but the circuit breaker trips – need seals replaced – $910.00
- Pool Plaster (quartz) – contract signed – $63,000.00
- 6 new tables and 16 chairs – $4,300.43
- 8 new umbrellas with stands – $1,436.85
That’s not counting landscaping, the tennis and basketball courts, the clubhouse, and various miscellaneous expenses. If you want more details, here are the minutes from that meeting. Start on page 4.
So we’ve got bills, folks, and it’s up to us to pay them.
Fortunately, it just got easier to do that.