You might think, with the coronavirus and all, that there’s been nothing going on here in Stephens Grove lately. Well, you couldn’t be more wrong.
With more people here than ever day in and day out, we’ve had plenty to see and do, and we’ve seen it and done it. We’re just all being careful and healthy and safe about it – social distancing, and all that.
In fact, we’d like you to help us prove it. How about posting some of your own pictures of what you and yours have been up to on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/709045976161661/
If you do, we’ll take some of the best and post them here at a later date.
What, you ask, should you share pictures of? Well, you know better what you’re up to than we do! But we’d have loved to see images of you and your family at some of these recent events:
- The drive-thru zoo. You know, when neighbors put stuffed animals in their yards so you could drive/walk through the neighborhood to see the “zoo.” Don’t tell us you missed that.
- The bear hunt. You know – it was kind of like the zoo thing: We put bears in our windows so the kids could run around for a scavenger hunt, to see how many they could find. No, it wasn’t just like the zoo – this was just bears!
- Making cards for first-responders and healthcare workers in Stephens Grove. It was great to participate in honoring the heroes right here among us.
- The Easter Bunny. Remember when he rode around in a golf cart to wave to everybody? Of course you do! Who could forget that?
- Cinco de Mayo. When the local brewery and a Mexican food truck brought the celebration right here to us.
- The Kona Ice truck. You remember the ice cream truck from your youth. Your kids will remember the Hawaiian shave ice truck that’s been making deliveries. It was just here this past Wednesday!
You’re not going to believe this, but we’re not seeing pictures from any of those events on Facebook!
Anyway, those are our ideas. Yours are probably better. Whatever you’re up to, we want the pictures. We’ll be watching for them!