Over the last few months, this blog has told you about all sorts of fun things you can do within a short distance of Stephens Grove, from Asheville to Davidson, from lakes in the summer to apple orchards in the fall.
But during the holidays, our hearts turn homeward. And the good news is, there is plenty to do this month without straying from good ol’ Stephens Grove.
When you live here, you are truly part of a community that likes to have fun together. And a lot of it won’t cost you a thing. Here are some of the things we have going in December:
- 2019 Light Fight. Decorate your house and participate in the annual Stephens Grove Light Fight! Our community will be the judges, and a winner will be announced on Dec. 15. If you’d like to participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 10. Who will win the coveted Light Fight Winner sign (along with an additional prize to be announced later)?
- Santa is coming! Why haul your kids to that sad Santa at the mall? The Big Man is coming right here to Stephens Grove on Dec. 15 from 6-8 p.m. Afterwards, you can join in with all your friends on a train ride through the neighborhood to see all the Christmas lights!
- Gifts, snacks and wine. It’s the perfect holiday combo. The Ladies Gift Exchange will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 18 from 7 pm until…. Light appetizers, desserts and wine by Scout & Cellar will be provided. Please bring a $20 wrapped gift if you would like to participate in the gift exchange. Feel free to BYOB.
But you know, Christmas isn’t the only time of year when we have special get-togethers in Stephens Grove. Here are just a few things we do the rest of the year:
- Pool parties – Some for adults only. (Hey, we have plenty of events for the kids!)
- Fourth of July — With a bike parade led by a firetruck, after which everybody gets hosed down and enjoys popsicles.
- The Easter Egg Hunt — For 0-12 year olds. Plus face-painting, balloon artists and an appearance by the Easter Bunny.
- Oktoberfest: It involves a beer garden in the clubhouse parking lot. Enough said.
And on and on. You can see upcoming events as well as photos on our events page.
This is indeed a community with an active social life. Want to be part of making it all happen? Get involved with the social committee. Email us here: email@example.com.
We’ll be seeing you soon!